New colony in the Thermosolar hive

I collected a swarm from another beekeeper a few days ago, and as they were a prime swarm (by all accounts) and are managed, but not treated for Varroa, I thought they would work well down at the solar farm in the Thermosolar hive. I took them down to the site the following evening, so I could hive them the day after.

It was really breezy when I arrived to put them in their hive, so I had to be quick. There is a link to a video here:

I will leave them to settle for a week or so and then go and see of there are any Varroa on the inspection board. It will be interesting to see how they compare to the first hive.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s