I have had quite a few enquiries about resuming my Introduction to Sustainable Beekeeping courses, so I am hoping–after the confusion of the last few months–I am able to give something approaching a definitive answer!
To make my in-house courses Covid-compliant, I have reviewed the arrangements so that we can still enjoy the relaxed and informative approach while adhering to the recommended social-distancing and safeguarding measures.
- I will only be having a maximum of 2 households/up to 4 people attending the courses, and there will be opportunities to sanitise and wash hands whenever necessary
- I will email the course notes over the day before the course for you to print and bring as you wish
- We will of course have tea and cake (yes – don’t panic!) but I will be ‘mother’, and we will minimise handing of cups and cutlery
- Masks will be worn on arrival and until everyone is seated, and if there is a requirement for closer proximity
- I will duplicate the hands-on elements so there is no need for them to pass between people
- Course fees can be carried forward or refunded in the event of any confirmed or suspected illness without penalty so everyone is reassured that there is no obligation to attend
I really hope these measures will allow people who want to learn about honey bees and sustainable beekeeping can come along. We are all feeling our way somewhat but if you have considered beekeeping and would like to find out more, these are the dates available for the rest of this year:
- 5th and 19th September
- 3rd and 17th October
- 7th and 21st November
Prices are £60 per person, or £100 for two booking at the same time. I can also run courses for up to 5 people in a household or ‘bubble’ – please email me for details. There are more dates available from January onwards; please see the main Course tab for those.
Previously I would have suggested waiting until the new year as that is nearer the start of the beekeeping season, but given the uncertainty going forward I would strongly advise getting organised as soon as you see fit. I now have a Patreon where you can catch up and get prepared for your equipment and bees as soon as they become ready.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you need further details.