Getting your bees prepared to tackle the winter can be a challenging time, and this course will help you work out what your bees need to get through until the spring nectar and pollen becomes available. We will also look at the low-season tasks and how to make sure you are equipped and ready for the next season.
- The winter colony: how bees cope with the winter months
- Feeding: how, when, what, and emergency feeding
- Beeswax rendering and honey storage
- Cleaning equipment and building frames
- Baiting hives for next year
- Forage provision – ensure your bees have enough
- Future colony arrangements: splits, swarms and plans
- How the varroa board is your friend
- Activity to watch for during the winter
Refreshments will be provided, as well as a handout of the information covered.
£40 per person for the 2 hour session, or £75 for two booked at the same time. Gift vouchers are available if you’d like to give this course as a present.
Discounts available for group bookings.
- 12th September
- 26th September
- 10th October
- 24th October
Please email email@example.com for more details, or to book.