Our Sourdough Tales workshop is suitable for all levels, and we provide the ingredients and guidance on how to make your own loaf, which you can then take home and bake. We take you through the principles and benefits of sourdough baking, how it differs from regular yeasted dough, and how to look after your starter, or ‘mother’. We then demonstrate the method for you to do at your own workstation, and we are on hand to answer questions and queries.
Importantly, we cover how to fit baking sourdough in to your busy life so that it can become a skill you can develop and improve upon, while producing nutritious and delicious home-baked bread for family and friends. We will send you off with a portion of starter so you can continue the process at home, and a handout of all the information covered will be emailed to you for future reference.
You will need to bring a large mixing bowl, a tea towel, an apron (if you wear one!), and a hand towel.
The workshop costs £40 per person, or £75 for two booking at the same time. We are running the workshops from 2-4pm on the following Sundays:
- 13th September
- 11th October [FULLY BOOKED]
- 25th October
- 8th November
- 29th November
Please ask if you would like to go on the waiting list for a particular date if it is fully booked as people may need to drop out at short notice to isolate or because of illness.
We are very conscious that the recent pandemic is a concern for all of us and we want our workshop attendees to feel safe and reassured. With that in mind we have made the following provisions for the course:
- There will be opportunities to wash hands at frequent intervals
- Social distancing of 2m (or 1m+provision) will be maintained at all times
- One-way system
- Numbers kept low to allow for relaxation and ability to move freely
- All utensils, cutlery and crockery will be removed and washed after single use
- Course fees will be transferred to another date or refunded if there is any illness so there is no obligation to attend if you are not well
- We ask you to bring your own hand towel for drying your hands
- Please bring a mask to wear when necessary, but it is our intention to focus on social distancing, hand hygiene, and good ventilation so that we can exchange information without feeling restricted