This workshop is for people who have some beekeeping experience, or who have attended my Introductory Plus Course.
Topics covered include:
- First spring check: what to look for and when to do it
- Assessing the health of your colony from its activity
- Spring feeding: should you? If so, how?
- Increase: splits and swarms
- Observational clues
- Setting up bait hives
- Failed colonies: post mortem analysis
- Assessing forage provision
- Chalkbrood, nosema and varroa load
Refreshments will be provided, as well as a handout of the information covered.
£40 per person for the 2 hour session, or £75 for two booked at the same time. Gift vouchers are available if you’d like to give this course as a present.
Discounts available for group bookings.
Dates for 2020:
- 1st February
- 22nd February
- 7th March
- 28th March
- 4th April
- 9th May
Please email email@example.com for more details, or to book.